1. Community Guidelines
Colab is not a place for hatred, abuse, discrimination, disrespect, profanity, meanness, harassment, or spam. We also PARTICULARLY FROWN ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF ANY SORT
- use the Services to promote violence, degradation, subjugation, discrimination or hatred against individuals or groups based on race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
- use the Services to promote videos that are sexually explicit or post links to sites that contain sexually explicit material or show people or animals being hurt or degraded;
- spam other Users with unsolicited or unauthorized offers of goods and services, advertising, promotional material, junk mail, spam or chain letters, or inappropriate messages;
- engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; or
- represent products created by others as your own creation, or act as a reseller of others’ products;
- in any manner make someone feel uncomfortable, threatened or in danger from sexually inappropriate speech or gestures. Do not solicit, harass, pass crude or lewd comments, grope etc
- use workspaces that you haven’t subscribed for. At all times, please maintain your access levels.
Colab reserves the right to terminate User Accounts with no refunds for such activities, and in cases bordering on criminal intent, we will hand you over to the relevant authorities.
- Using shared spaces, taking care of the property
- Each working unit comprises a table with a chair and wireless or cable internet access.
- It is necessary to respect foreign property. In case of furniture or property damage arising out of negligence, you need to arrange a replacement or pay for the damage.
- You should not bring your own furniture to the coworking space or stick posters on the walls without prior permission. If you think you have a really good idea for a new wall poster, you are welcome to present it to the community manager of Colab.
- Everyone should endeavor to make the shared office spaces pleasant for all users. The temperature of the room should be such that it will suit most users. We normally avoid under- or overheating, as it is a waste of valuable energy. Using one’s own heaters is not allowed.
- We are fond of pets, but they do not belong in a working environment and are therefore prohibited from entering the coworking space.
Meeting and Training room
- There is 1 meeting room and one training room available.
- The furniture in the conference room should stay there at all times.
- The conference room can be used for business meetings, loud phone calls and Skype conferences.
- Do not let the meeting room or training room become your second home – to use it, you need to book it ahead.
- The rooms can also be used without prior reservation but only providing that it is not reserved.
Use of kitchenette
- Our coworking space includes a kitchenette that can be used by all coworking members.
- You might consider using labels with your name on the food and beverages you keep in the cupboards or fridge.
- Everyone is responsible for keeping the kitchenette clean and tidy.
- Coworking is a shared working environment so everyone should make their best effort to maintain a quiet working atmosphere.
- Phone calls
- When speaking on the phone, please adjust the volume of your voice. If your phone call might disrupt other people using the coworking space, please make your phone call in the waiting area, meeting room or training room.
- We suggest you put your cell phone on vibrate mode to prevent disturbing others.
- Although visitors are allowed in the coworking space, everyone needs to abide by the rules concerning the voice level. Invite your private visitors to the waiting area and your business visitors to the meeting or training room.
- All Colab members are responsible for keeping the common rooms clean and tidy, which means that everyone should clean their desk and take care of the garbage once they have finished working for the day. Please recycle whenever possible.
- Cleaning supplies are kept in dedicated places.
4. Use of the internet
- Users of the coworking space have free access to the “Colab” wireless network.
- Ask the frontdesk for your dedicated access password.
- Each coworking tenant can also use cable internet access when available.
- Illegal data file downloads (torrent) is not allowed.
- Do your best toward fair internet usage.
- Our library is dedicated to knowledge sharing among the users of the Colab. If you wish to borrow a book or Kindle from the library, register with your name at the frontdesk.
- Do not keep borrowed books for too long.
- If you want a specific book that you can’t find, please let the frontdesk know and we will try our best to get it for you where possible.
- Printing for Colab members is available for free or at a subsidized cost depending on your subscription.
- For document scanning or in case of any difficulties, the tenants can upload the relevant documents on a USB key and complete the desired task directly on the printer.
Even in a city as lovely as Kaduna, while we do have an open door policy, we don’t want just anyone to be able to walk in and start working or have access to our workspace. Members are required to notify the front desk about guests before they come in and guests are not allowed into the workspaces.